AS9100D was released September 20th 2016. The revised 9110 and 9120 are also being released in 2016.
Why are the standards changing?
- To incorporate the ISO 9001:2015 requirements (As before, all new editions are adapting the full requirements of ISO 9001. In addition, there are industry specific add-ons)
- To incorporate industry stakeholder needs identified since the last revision
- To incorporate clarification requests issued by IAQG (International Aerospace Quality Group) since the last revision
What does this mean for certified companies?
Through the Supplemental Rule-003, IAQG has provided rules for how to transition existing certificates to the new editions. The following key dates should be noted:
- Certificates issued to the current version of the standards will not be valid after September 15th, 2018.
- After June 15th, 2017 all audits shall be performed to the new versions of the standard. Before this date you may choose which version to use.
With the late release of the standards, the transition timeline is quite tight. Companies are encouraged to get to know and start implementing the changes as early as possible.
What are the key changes:
There are substantial changes in AS9100D. These are mainly due to a revised structure and requirements in 9001-standards, but also a few industry-specific changes.
Learn more about the key changes and transition arrangements from the links below.