We have in cooperation with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and supported by the international research institute GFK Eurisko, investigated the water management approach adopted by companies in different sectors in Europe, North America, South America and Asia.
The survey was conducted in December 2014 and investigated the importance of water issues and the way companies deal with them, the main drivers and the main obstacles to sustainable water management, together with the initiatives implemented by our customers.
The survey of 1,907 professionals from the primary, secondary and tertiary sectors highlights that most companies consider water issues relevant for their business strategies.
Some key findings
- 43 % of the companies have undertaken water management initiatives in the last 5 years.
- 27 % actively track water usage
- 24 % sees financial savings as the main benefit of water management
- Compliance with laws and regulations is the primary key driver for water management
- Lack of management awareness is the main obstacle for water management for 21 % of the companies
For complete findings, please download the report and infographic below