When:15 March 2016Add to calendar 2016/03/15 10:00 2016/03/15 12:00 Webinar: Upcoming Changes to the ATEX Directive There is a new ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU that becomes effective April 20, 2016.
This only adds the event to your calendar, please remember to register for this event. https://www.facebook.com/events/703782616363133 false YYYY/MM/DD akeGphYOczrmtQTfhmEQ22349
- Attend: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5449662685682192644
There is a new ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU that becomes effective April 20, 2016. This webinar will discuss the changes from the old directive 94/9/EC to the new one. We will also outline the next steps to take if you hold a current ATEX Certificate as well as if you need a new ATEX Certificate.
You are receiving this email because you have or had an ATEX Certificate issued by DNV GL. The new ATEX directive may affect your certificate. Please join us and your host, Roy Teather, DNV GL's seasoned EX expert, as he guides you through these changes and requirements.
Roy Teather, Senior Compliance Specialist, DNV GL Product Assurance US
Roy specializes in EX and CE programs in close collaboration with DNV GL Notified Bodies and Certification Bodies located in Brazil, Italy, and Norway.
Roy has more than 45 years of experience in design and global approval of equipment for use in explosive atmospheres. He specialized in the design of gas detection equipment in the UK for several majoy European companies for mining and offshore applications. Roy moved to the US from the UK in 1990 to work on the development of a TOC analyzer for use on the space station. Prior to joining DNV in 2003, he worked in the US developing a range of infra-red and digital gas detection systems for petrochemical plants and off-shore platforms.
Roy's current responsibilities include:
- Assisting US Manufacturers gain European CE compliance
- Assisting US Manufacturers gain Global Ex approvals including Australia, Brazil, China, India & Korea
- Supporting our DNV-GL offshore division in matters relating to offshore Ex compliance for the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) and the US Coast Guard (USCG)
- Lead Auditor for ATEX, IECEx and INMETRO working with different business units within DNV-GL
- USNC SC31M Technical Advisor coordinating matters relating to global Ex Mechanical Ignition Standards
- Participation in EN ISO/IEC 80079-34, ISO 80079-36, ISO 80079-37 and ISO 80079-41 work programs
- Participation in IEC TC31 WG-1 and IECEx WG-15, both related to Ex Mechanical Ignition Standards
- IECEx Approved Assessor