Communication to DNV GL customers on the measures taken to contain the emergency
Dear DNV GL customer,
Following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), please find enclosed the measures put in place by DNV GL Business Assurance in North America. The objective is to ensure the safety of employees and external partners to protect customers and stakeholders and ensure continuity of business.
- In Business Assurance North America, DNV GL has established a crisis team. It has been immediately activated to respond to all the requests related to the COVID-19 situation and act accordingly. Measures are always in line with the provisions of the official authorities and stakeholders. The team meets virtually on a regular basis to follow the development of the situation. We work to protect our employees and subcontractors minimizing any risk that could affect their or others health.
- We aim to minimize business impact, avoiding postponements and cancellations as much as we can by applying alternative audit techniques. We are providing guidance on how to operate to fulfil accreditation and scheme owner’s requirements related to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- To be cautious, we are reducing the organization of physical meetings to a minimum, using online communication and collaboration tools (webinars, skype calls, remote audits, etc.). This will continue for the time being. We are doing everything possible to ensure that all our employees and external partners comply with the above measures, through timely and regular communications.
- We confirm that, to date, no employee or partner in DNV GL Business Assurance North America is currently affected by the COVID-19 virus.
- In case of on-site activities at customers, each situation is assessed based on the updates from the official authorities in the area.
- For the protection of everyone's health and safety, DNVGL employees and any other partners shall not enter a local DNV GL office or customers’ premises in case of:
- flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, breathing difficulties;
- having passed through the ‘red zones’;
- having made recent trips to countries considered a high contamination risk
- having come in direct contact with person(s) tested positive for COVID-19 and/or subject to influenza symptoms such as fever, cough, breathing difficulties.
For operational issues and detailed information on ongoing projects, please refer to your internal DNV GL contact(s). We will keep you updated with further communications in case of new directions to be implemented from official authorities. DNV GL is committed to providing the best service to its customers on a continual basis and will continue to strive to accomplish this, while respecting the situation we are experiencing.
DNV GL Business Assurance