The release includes an extensive update on our rules and a selection of our offshore standards.
Below is a selection of the most important updates:
- Industry challenges on position mooring systems and equipment have been addressed in updates of the rules for FPSO and drilling units. Among others, mooring integrity management has been introduced as an integral part of our classification follow up.
- Efficiency has been further increased for our in-operation surveys, focusing on the execution of bottom surveys and hull inspection surveys among others.
- Services for offshore cranes have been further developed, signified with the new crane-offshore notation, including enterprise of competence inspections for units on the Norwegian continental shelf.
- Alternative survey schemes have been further developed, describing in detail a planned maintenance system approach based on reliability centered maintenance (PMS RCM). This allows for the further development of the maintenance scheme from default OEM recommendations based on operational experience and insights.
- The new RENEW notation has been introduced, supporting owners for life time extensions and system upgrades.
- A new Offshore Standard, OS-A301 Human Comfort, including the definition of the COMF-MOU notation, has been developed. This supports contract specifications on the topic in general and documents partial compliance to NORSOK-S002 for units operation on the Norwegian continental shelf.