Global wave load analysis
Head of Section - Advisory Americas
Explore our advisory services networkGo to network
We deliver accurate, expert calculations and analyses for further structural analysis and compliance.
Do you need global design loads for quick estimates in iterative design or the reliable analysis of your ship or floating structure? What level of accuracy is needed for optimisation and compliance?
We at DNV GL have not only developed advanced analysis tools, we have also been carrying out analyses to predict global design loads since the 1960s.
Novel designs and larger vessels, like container ships, require global wave load analysis to ensure their integrity and safety in extreme conditions. Our engineers are familiar with the applicable rules and guidelines for all types of ships, and they work together with our experts for structural analysis to ensure a holistic approach.
Design loads for bending moment and shear forces for both ultimate and fatigue limit states are typically the focus of our global wave load analyses.
As the world’s leading classification society, we have the background and know-how needed for correctly interpreting wave load results and recommending solutions in line with your specific needs. Our own advanced tools, developed by our in-house experts, provide the required direct calculations. So you can have confidence in our work knowing that we can seamlessly cover all your requirements.
Benefit from our one-stop shop for all your global wave load analysis needs:
- Combine with structural analysis for smooth processes that save you time and money
- Reduce the future maintenance and repair costs associated with fatigue
- Gain the most from your vessel or floating structure, thanks to an increased lifespan
- Meet charterers’ requirements with reputable proof provided by DNV GL
- Have confidence in our accurate analyses based on data from industry-leading, advanced tools