In-line inspection (ILI) support
Matthew Ellinger, P.E.
Trusted, transparent 3rd party expertise
Taking receipt of the ILI’s final report starts a response process that will often be a burden on the operator’s integrity staff. DNV GL maintains a staff of ILI specialists intimate with ILI technologies, operations, and analysis.
Our experience and understanding of pipeline operations, engineering, codes and industry best-practice can be used to ensure integrity program efficiency, reliability, breadth and compliance.
- ILI vendor interface before, during and after ILI runs
- ILI systems audits, qualification, verification, and run validation
- Run comparisons (including signal reviews) for defect growth and trending to identify:
- Significant integrity threats
- Data inconsistencies
- Statistically active corrosion (SAC)
- Remediation planning, prioritization and dig optimization
- Pig-and-dig programs
- Probability of exceedance (POE)
- Remedial documentation
- Data alignment, mining, interpretation
- Remaining life / Time-to-failure calculations for various threats to include:
- Non-SCC pipe body cracks
- Seamweld defects
- Mechanical damage