Need more information?Contact Us
The ISO 26000 Social Responsibility standard has received massive acceptance from more than 90 countries globally and is expected to set the norm for Social Responsibility in the time to come. DNV - Business Assurance can evaluate opportunities for your organization and provide advice on implementation, communication and monitoring efforts.
What is the ISO 26000 standard?
ISO 26000 is a guidance standard and provides recommendations on social responsibility. It will not be a certifiable standard, but rather offer best practices where organizations can adapt the guidelines to their own operation, supply chain and markets.
The standard defines Social Responsibility as the responsibility of an organization for the impacts of its decisions and activities on society and the environment, through transparent and ethical behavior that:
- Contributes to sustainable development, including health and the welfare of society
- Takes into account the expectations of stakeholders
- Is in compliance with applicable law and consistent with international norms of behavior
- Is integrated throughout the organization and practiced
The standard is valid for all types of organizations, small and large, governmental, commercial or non-governmental.
Benefits of the ISO 26000 standard
By implementing ISO 26000 you can optimize your internal processes and assure integration between your management systems and your efforts within social responsibility and sustainability.
You can improve your relationship with partners, government, the media, suppliers, peers, customers and the community in which you operate. Risk management is improved as the likelihood of stakeholder conflicts, bad publicity and reputational crises is greatly reduced.
An improved reputation will increase staff morale and the ability to attract and retain workers. Investors, sponsors and the financial community are also more interested in investing in ethically sound organizations.
DNV GL - Business Assurance services include:
- day course introducing ISO 26000 and corporate social responsibility
- Mapping of the key areas of social responsibility (1-day workshop)
- Help to define measures to integrate social responsibility into existing management system
- Perform gap analysis in relation to ISO 26000 and suggest improvement
- Help to get started or improve the communication of social responsibility