Ship, port and offshore operations involving cranes, lifting appliances and elevators need to be safe to avoid threats to life, cargo and assets.
DNV GL offers outstanding know-how in this field. Depending on the intended use (ships, port, mobile offshore units/installations) and requirements (customers, flag and port authorities), our services encompass DNV GL rules as well as other regulations and standards.
Appliances and equipment covered by us:
- New and in-service cranes
- Lifting appliances
- Launching appliances for life-saving davits
- Anchoring equipment (anchors, anchor chains, chain attachments, chain-stoppers and anchor winches)
- Winches and brakes
- Loose gear such as rings, shackles, slings, chains, lifting beams, spreaders, skids, grabs, etc.
- Personnel lifts and elevators
- Design approval and type approval according to DNV GL rules
- Certification of anchoring equipment according to our rules
- MED certification of launching appliances for life-saving davits
- Certification based on international standards: ISO 3730 (Mooring Winches), ISO 7365 (Towing Winches), ISO 5488 (Accommodation Ladders), ISO 799 (Pilot Ladders), NS 2584 (Bollards), SMD regulation No. 695 (Shark Jaws) and others
- Certification of personnel lifts and elevators according to DNV GL rules based on EN 81
- Conformity assessment for flag or port states
- Inspection and testing
- Technical support, e.g. dynamic de-rating, damage evaluation, analysis of incidents, fit-for-purpose and conditioning assessments, verification of rebuilding and capacity increase
Your needs are at the heart of our services: You gain individual certification solutions perfectly matched to the intended use and requirements of your equipment.
DNV GL certification assures:
- A seal of quality for your products
- The trust and confidence of your customers
- Easier access to the market
- Less work and lower costs per product due to type approved designs
- Expert support whenever you need it