Local structural vibration analysis
Senior Risk Engineer
Explore our advisory services networkGo to network
We assist you in ensuring comfort for passengers and crew, and the structural integrity, safety and operability of any ship or MOU.
Not only are yards and designers feeling the heat of ever-tighter vibration requirements; owners, too, need to reduce the downtime and repair costs of their vessels to keep business moving.
We have the extensive experience and expertise in local vibration services you need, regardless of which vessel type you have.
Our analysis covers:
- Definition of appropriate design frequencies
- Reasonable assumptions (boundary conditions, mass application)
- Advice regarding the most cost-effective modification proposals
In addition to typical structural panels, we can also investigate other, more complex structures such as masts, rudders and generator set base frames.
Furthermore, we also receive continuous feedback from operations and class surveys. This provides us with valuable input, enabling us to further expand our knowledge base and continuously fine-tune our methods.
Turn to DNV GL for all your local structural vibration analysis needs:
- Minimise the risk of vibration fatigue damage and the transmission of noise through the hull structure
- Reduce future maintenance and repair costs, as well as downtime
- Ensure compliance to DNV GL Comfort Class, ISO 6954, MLC, 2006, NORSOK or other relevant standards, creating higher crew and passenger comfort in living and working areas
- Gain a competitive edge on the passenger ship market
- Receive a realistic assessment of the cost–benefit ratio of structural alterations or modification to the propulsion plant
- Benefit from the reliability that comes with over 40 years of experience in vibration analysis