Non-destructive testing and evaluation
We support your NDT and NDE processes for the testing of your welding seams and materials.
If your welded products and materials are destined for use in the maritime industry, they need reliable testing.
NDT is an integral part of the quality control programmes of a wide range of industries. Our dedicated experts offer approval of NDT procedures and companies according to our rules as well as technical expert support for NDT and NDE.
Our service covers:
- Proof that your company is able to perform NDT properly (equipment, personnel, qualifications)
- Proof that your company owns suitable devices, e.g. to apply Isotope X-raying as a testing method
- Proof that your procedures and documentation comply with relevant international standards
- Assessment of the highest material thickness that can be measured and tested in line with our rules
- Proof that your documentation system is in line with a high level of quality and ensures traceability at all times
DNV GL also provides testing at our accredited laboratories for material testing and failure analyses. This enables us to offer you a full-service solution from a single source.
You benefit from DNV GL’s all-round support for your NDT and NDE:
- Support in selecting the most suitable testing method according to your special definitions
- Assistance in selecting the right subcontractors to perform NDT
- Smooth processes for approval of NDT and NDE procedures
- Reliable and experienced experts at your side to answer all your questions on testing and quality assurance