Safety and reliability assessment
Senior Risk Engineer
Explore our advisory services networkGo to network
We leverage proven methods to identify hazards and support the increased safety and reliability of your systems or components.
A ship or MOU consists of a range of sophisticated and interacting systems, machines and components during various operational modes. Ensuring and verifying safe and reliable operation is a daunting task.
Rely on us to assess the safety or reliability of your vessel’s systems and components, designs or processes. Our methods include FMEA, HAZOP, fault and event trees, and safety assessment to the DIN EN ISO 12100 standard.
Safety and reliability can be assessed on both a qualitative and quantitative level for holistic, accurate findings. Depending on your specific needs, we leverage quantitative methods within the whole range of engineering analyses, from fire safety analyses to probabilistic strength analyses.
Safe return to port analysis
Our multi-step service includes advisory at an early concept design and verification of the actual design against SOLAS Regs. II-1/8-1, II-2/21 and II-2/22, IMO interpretations (e.g. MSC.1/1369) and DNV GL guidelines VI-11-2.
Reliability and availability assessment of systems and components
To assess the system’s availability after the failure of individual components, we use qualitative methods such as FMEA to identify potential failure scenarios leading to system downtime.
Redundant propulsion analysis
In the design phase, we provide valuable input on all the propulsion and steering systems, essential auxiliaries and automation systems to verify the design according to DNV GL rules Pt.6/Ch.2. Our support includes the mandatory FMEA and the definition of a test programme.
Blade & Ice Throw
Wind turbines might be harmful ti their surrounding environment by accidents where fragments of blades (of whole blades) are thrown. In cold regions, thrown ice might also be a danger to life and property
Keep your operations running with our support:
- Benefit from reliable designs and improved availability of your systems and components
- Documentation verifying compliance to safe return to port regulations to ensure reduced detention times
- Know more about your ship’s or MOU’s systems after a casualty so you are prepared and can reduce downtime
- Better define the most effective measures for increasing availability of your ship or MOU
- Detection and mitigation of weak points of the design enabling modifications to be made at an early stage and avoiding additional future costs