Unmanned underwater vehicles
James Paul Hierholzer
Senior Naval Architect
Get in touch with your local officeFind office details
Build confidence and trust with your customers by ensuring safe, reliable and cost-efficient operation of your unmanned underwater systems.
Underwater operations can be risky and expensive. The success of a project depends on the reliable function of the equipment used.
At DNV GL we offer extensive know-how of underwater technology. Over 40 years of experience in this field has resulted in the development of our own rules for the construction of underwater systems like:
- Remotely-operated vehicles (ROVs)
- Autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs)
- Unmanned underwater systems
- Ocean monitoring systems
- Sub systems and equipment
In cases where no standards exist, our rules deliver guidance or recommend best practices. Our service portfolio covers:
- Classification (during manufacturing and in-service period)
- Certification and testing according to relevant international standards and our DNV GL rules
- Comprehensive engineering services such as feasibility studies, risk analyses, design assessments, FEM calculations
- Technical support in terms of compliance
Our engineers ensure that our services observe the latest technological advances and international regulations. Your underwater products are in the best hands with DNV GL - let us help you in assuring outstanding quality and reliability for your unmanned underwater vehicles.
- Customer trust and confidence in your products
- Safe underwater operations with minimised risk of loss or malfunction
- Expert support on hand whenever you need it
- DNV GL’s solid worldwide reputation within the maritime industry