Each participant will receive a copy of DNV GL's recently released textbook, Practical Leadership for Sustainable Business: Health and Safety Management.
- Safety as a critical and integral part of sustainable business development and how effective safety performance contributes to the health of their business.
- The role of leaders carrying out safety system activities and shaping organizational culture.
- Using a safety management system to identify loss causation and using that knowledge to effectively diagnose and control the basic causes of loss.
- Apply risk management principles, tools, and techniques to drive proactive safety performance.
- Develop practical implementation plans for continual improvement and effective leadership.
- The Sustainable Organization
- The Role of Safety Leadership
- Basic Elements and Concepts of a Safety Management System
- Assessing and Managing Risk
- Introduction to Behavior-based Safety
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans
- Investigating and Learning from Events
- Reviewing Safety Performance
Who Should Attend:
Safety, loss control and risk management professionals, supervisors, and other operating managers with safety responsibilities.
8:30a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Cancellation, Transfer, Substitution, and "No-Show" Policy:
- More than 30 days to the start date of the course, a registrant may:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a full refund, or
- Request to transfer to a different class at no charge.
- 15-29 days prior to the start date of the course:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a 50% refund, or
- Request a transfer to a different class and remit a $100 fee to process a transfer.
Less than 15 days prior to the start date of the course (including no-shows on the day of the course), no refunds or transfers are provided.
Substitutions (another person replacing a particular registrant in a course) are permitted at any time without additional charge.
Should DNV GL cancel a schedule course, our liability to course registrants is limited to the amount of the course fee. The registrant would then have the option of a full refund or transfer to an alternative available course (transfer fee is waived in this situation). We recommend that registrants wait until the course date is less than 30 days out before making travel arrangements.