The EU Monitoring, Reporting and Verification scheme (MRV) is in force and will require you to take a number of actions over the coming months.
By 31 August 2017 shipping companies need to submit their first monitoring plan to an agreed verifying body. From January 2018 all voyages to and from EU ports need to be monitored and reported in order to be able to prepare emissions reports by the end of 2018 and then annually. This new regulation applies to all vessels entering EU ports in future. IMO is planning to set up a similar emissions monitoring scheme starting one year later.
The aim of the seminar is to help you understand the specific requirements associated with the implementation of the regulations. There will be the opportunity to ask any questions you may have concerning with the implementation or areas that may need further consideration.
There will also be a regulatory update on other topics of interest for the shipping community, including BWC.
The event will focus on:
- Overview of regulation and timeline of the EU MRV, as well as related IMO Data Collection System
- Overview on preparing your EU MRV monitoring plans and regulatory requirements related to your monitoring/reporting procedures and system
- Verification requirements (monitoring plan and annual emissions)
- Monitoring and reporting solutions to improve the data quality, reduce compliance cost, and verification effort
- Options for gaining added value out of the improvements towards compliance
DNV GL has developed a thorough solution to support companies through these changes including a free App. You can read more about our MRV-Ready service here: https://www.dnvgl.com/maritime/advisory/mrv-ready.html
Please join us at DNV GL’s MRV Technical Seminar on EU-Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) - What to do now.
+1 (281) 396-1821
For registration questions, please contact the following:
Regional Marketing & Academy Support Manager
+1 (281) 396-1720