Available dates and locations
This 2-day course will be conducted by the DNV GL Product Assurance Ex group, and will cover Hazardous Location area classification for gas and dust, the protection techniques that can be used for equipment that must be installed in Hazardous Locations, and the certification schemes that they must comply with.
- Hazardous Location Area Classification to the IEC (Zone) and National Electrical Code (NEC) (Class and Division and AEx for Zones).
- Classification of flammable gases and combustible dusts.
- Identification and operation of the major world-wide certification schemes:
- The ATEX Directive for the EU
- INMETRO in Brazil
- U.S. and Canadian system
- Equipment protection techniques:
- Explosion proof (flameproof) enclosures
- Purged and pressurized enclosures and rooms
- Intrinsic safety
- Increased safety
- Protection techniques for Zone 2 and Division 2
- Quality system requirements for manufacturers of hazardous location equipment
- Hazardous Location Equipment assemblies and installation requirements
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who specifies, designs, manufactures hazardous location equipment, or who is responsible for classification of hazardous locations.
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Cancellation, Transfer, Substitution, and "No-Show" Policy:
- More than 30 days to the start date of the course, a registrant may:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a full refund, or
- Request to transfer to a different class at no charge.
- 15-29 days prior to the start date of the course:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a 50% refund, or
- Request a transfer to a different class and remit a $100 fee to process a transfer.
Less than 15 days prior to the start date of the course (including no-shows on the day of the course), no refunds or transfers are provided.
Substitutions (another person replacing a particular registrant in a course) are permitted at any time without additional charge.
Should DNV GL cancel a schedule course, our liability to course registrants is limited to the amount of the course fee. The registrant would then have the option of a full refund or transfer to an alternative available course (transfer fee is waived in this situation). We recommend that registrants wait until the course date is less than 30 days out before making travel arrangements.