Who Should Attend:
For persons whose responsibilities include investigation of very serious and/or high-potential events. Candidates include HSEQ professionals and operating managers who might be called upon to participate on teams for high-level investigations. In addition, persons who might be designated as primary resources for guidance on the development of investigation processes and coaching of supervisors and others who have investigation responsibilities will find this course invaluable.
- Understanding how incidents happen
- Planning an investigation process
- Gathering evidence from Positions, People, Parts and Reconstruction, Paper
- How human factors impact investigations
- Cause analysis techniques
- Remedial Actions
- Report and follow-up
The course is built around a robust case study of an actual event. Participants are provided abundant information about this event and challenged to apply the investigation tools and techniques taught in the course to determine causes and appropriate remedial actions.
This practical application strengthens their understanding of the text material and reinforces key points about the investigation process.
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Cancellation, Transfer, Substitution, and "No-Show" Policy:
- More than 30 days to the start date of the course, a registrant may:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a full refund, or
- Request to transfer to a different class at no charge.
- 15-29 days prior to the start date of the course:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a 50% refund, or
- Request a transfer to a different class and remit a $100 fee to process a transfer.
Less than 15 days prior to the start date of the course (including no-shows on the day of the course), no refunds or transfers are provided.
Substitutions (another person replacing a particular registrant in a course) are permitted at any time without additional charge.
Should DNV GL cancel a schedule course, our liability to course registrants is limited to the amount of the course fee. The registrant would then have the option of a full refund or transfer to an alternative available course (transfer fee is waived in this situation). We recommend that registrants wait until the course date is less than 30 days out before making travel arrangements.
**To register for a course, you may click the "register" link to pay by credit card or you can contact us to pay by invoice. PLEASE NOTE: There will be a 10% administration processing fee for generating invoices. Discount codes are not applicable on invoiced orders.**