DNV GL Healthcare is offering a 2.5-day training course which reviews the program components of a high performing infection prevention and control system within a healthcare organization. This course can be utilized to prepare for the DNV GL Healthcare Certification in Infection Prevention (CIP) or to identify opportunities for improvement in an existing infection prevention and control program.
- Objective strategies are designed to ensure patients have the right to safe implementation of restraint or seclusion by trained hospital staff.
- Through lecture, activities, and group exercises, participants will learn healthcare responsibilities and what their responsibilities are to demonstrate compliance.
- Provide an overview of the CIP requirements
- Raise awareness of the principles and practices that drives the certification, e.g. risk assessment
- Discuss practical issues and challenges faced in managing infection risk within healthcare
- Provide training on the Certification in Infection Prevention
- Define the scope for managing infection risks in the healthcare setting
- Facilitate the identification of current best practice in the field
- Allow for a variety of solutions when managing infection risks within a hospital/ healthcare facility
- Drive continuous improvement
- Enable you to assure stakeholders of responsible and proportionate infection risk management
Approved Education: DNV GL Healthcare is also approved by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing to issue 12 contact hours for this course.