2 day / 08:30 am - 5:00 pm - Registration starts at 8:30 am (Includes lunch)
Shipping Companies: Designated Persons (ashore), Company Security Officers, quality managers, superintendents, nautical officers, engineers
1400 Ravello Drive | Katy TX 77449
Through the use of interactive group exercises you will also improve your communication skills and thus strengthen your overall performance as an auditor.
Participants will receive a sound understanding of auditing techniques and processes as well as management of an internal auditing program. They will also gain an appreciation for the role and importance of internal auditing programs within the maritime industry as related to Safety and Quality Management systems and learn about the requirements laid down in the ISO 19011 standard related to the performance of the internal audits and verifications in an integrated management system.
A written exam will test your level of achievement with respect to the learning objectives and be used as a basis to issue a certificate.The course focuses on:
- ISM/ISPS/MLC auditing requirements
- Common features and differences
- Techniques that contribute to the success of communication processes within audits
- Planning, preparation, performance, recording, reporting and follow-up of audits
- Principles and best practices of harmonized audits and verifications
- Handling of non-conformities including root cause analysis and corrective actions
|Ka Loon Toong
Head of Section - Technical Helpdesk Americas
|Captain Yuraj Lall
Manager Central Scheduling