In addition to the functioning of the DP system attention is paid to the training of the DP operator. The working environment of a DPO will also be briefly introduced.
Practical case studies are used as teaching methods throughout.
Participants will gain basic knowledge about the offshore industry and an introduction to dynamic positioning.
- Historical background and offshore today
- Offshore vessel types / Working Method
- Dynamic positioning – functions and operation, DP Class I – III (IMO Class)
- DPO – education and training
- Requirements for Nautical Officers
- Technical requirements DP Class I –III
- Position Reference Systems and Sensors
Dynamic Positioning Manager