Who Should Attend:
This course is recommended for anyone involved in designing, implementing, maintaining and improving an environmental management system and is recommended for anyone performing internal audits of an environmental management system, such as environmental care officers, managers and auditors. No prior knowledge of auditing, environmental management systems or ISO 14001 is required prior to attending this course.
Recommended Follow-up Course:
- Internal Auditor Intensive Skills Course
- Environmental Management Systems (EMS) Auditor/Lead Auditor Training course (IRCA approved)
- Environmental pressures on business and organizational impacts on the environment
- The principles behind environmental management and systems
- Background and definitions of ISO 14001
- Structure and development of the ISO 14001
- Environmental effects and - aspects
- Environmental care and continuous improvement
- The ISO 14001 requirements, interpretation and implementation
- Preparation for emergencies
- Audit and Management Review
- The certification process
- Setting up an internal audit program
- Auditing techniques
- Planning and preparing for an environmental audit
- Conducting and reporting environmental audits
- Corrective action implementation and follow-up
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Cancellation, Transfer, Substitution, and "No-Show" Policy:
- More than 30 days to the start date of the course, a registrant may:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a full refund, or
- Request to transfer to a different class at no charge.
- 15-29 days prior to the start date of the course:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a 50% refund, or
- Request a transfer to a different class and remit a $100 fee to process a transfer.
Less than 15 days prior to the start date of the course (including no-shows on the day of the course), no refunds or transfers are provided.
Substitutions (another person replacing a particular registrant in a course) are permitted at any time without additional charge.
Should DNV GL cancel a schedule course, our liability to course registrants is limited to the amount of the course fee. The registrant would then have the option of a full refund or transfer to an alternative available course (transfer fee is waived in this situation). We recommend that registrants wait until the course date is less than 30 days out before making travel arrangements.