This 5-day ISO 9001:2015 quality management system auditor course provides the knowledge and skills needed to organize and lead a QMS; evaluate and report audit findings; evaluate corrective action effectiveness and carry out follow-up and routine audits.
This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third party audits of management systems against ISO 9001, in accordance with the guidance provided in ISO 19011 for first and second party audits and requirements in ISO 17021 for third party audits.
This course is certificated by the IRCA Governing Board (Certification ref: 17898) and satisfies the formal training requirements for individuals seeking registration under IRCA and IATCA Auditor Certification Schemes.
- Management system - what and why?
- What is an audit and why is it necessary?
- The process approach
- ISO 9001 purpose and requirements
- Plan an audit
- Conduct audit
- Audit reporting and follow up
Who Should Attend:
Anyone intending to perform audits of quality management system, particularly third party (certificated) auditors. Some companies require the successful competition of this course to perform first party and second party audits.
It is strongly recommended that the participants have a basic knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, and have performed QMS audits before they attend this course. An attendee should consider attending the ISO 9001 QMS Foundation & Internal Auditor course and completing some audits before attending.
Before attending this course, you should possess knowledge of the following quality management principles and concepts:
- The plan, do, check, act (PDCA) cycle
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
- Commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the 8 quality principles; as given in ISO 9000
- The process approach used in quality management
- The model of a process based quality management system, the structure and content of ISO 9001
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001
In Class: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
LiveOnline: 9:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. CST.
- Classes are delivered in 90 minute segments with 30 minute breaks in between.
Cancellation, Transfer, Substitution, and "No-Show" Policy:
- More than 30 days to the start date of the course, a registrant may:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a full refund, or
- Request to transfer to a different class at no charge.
- 15-29 days prior to the start date of the course:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a 50% refund, or
- Request a transfer to a different class and remit a $100 fee to process a transfer.
Less than 15 days prior to the start date of the course (including no-shows on the day of the course), no refunds or transfers are provided.
Substitutions (another person replacing a particular registrant in a course) are permitted at any time without additional charge.
Should DNV GL cancel a schedule course, our liability to course registrants is limited to the amount of the course fee. The registrant would then have the option of a full refund or transfer to an alternative available course (transfer fee is waived in this situation). We recommend that registrants wait until the course date is less than 30 days out before making travel arrangements.