DNV GL, in partnership with CGE Risk, developed a barrier management and bow tie training course based on the new Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS) and Energy Institute (EI) concept book which provides an updated rule set for creating effective bow tie diagrams and addressing common errors found in many current bow tie diagrams.
- Participants will work through the following topics and exercises
- Introduces improve terminology - degradation factors and degradation controls
- Detailed guidance on all elements of a bow tie: hazard, top event, threats, consequences, barriers, degradation factors, and controls
- Validity criteria for barriers
- Better treatment for human failures in bow tie diagrams
- Introduces multi-level bow ties to show deeper level degradation controls, currently omitted on most bow tie diagrams
- Summarizes advanced uses of bow ties
- Software demonstrations and class workshops
Registration for this event costs $390. Register now, order your software license within 90 days after the training and you will receive the participation costs as a discount on the license fee.