Knowledge about propulsion components such as propeller, shafts, couplings, dampers, gears and engines. Some knowledge about shaft fatigue analysis and frequency domain analysis of propulsion systems.
NA-13 Advanced shafting design for marine propulsion systems
The course covers the following topics:
- Steady state and transient vibrations (frequency and time domain analysis)
- IACS unified requirements for shaft fatigue
- DNV GL's detailed shaft design method
- Simulation of transient load responses
- Calculation cases and design options
The course is primarily focusing on technology, but will cover the Nauticus Machinery Torsional Vibration and Nauticus Machinery Shaft Fatigue tools.
Learn how to optimize your shafting design using DNV GL’s detailed shaft design approach and relevant Nauticus Machinery software tools.
Naval architects, designers, ship yards and approval engineers with detailed knowledge about overall design of marine shafting systems.