Organizations are coming under increasing pressure from regulators, customers and key stakeholders to implement proactive safety management systems for the identification, assessment and management of workplace hazards and risks. A critical element of this process is the training of internal safety management system auditors.
Based on the requirements of Safety Management System Standard OHSAS 18001, the course provides participants with the knowledge of the OHSAS 18001 standard and insight, understanding, knowledge and skills to apply an effective audit methodology based on business goals and existing risk exposures.
Who Should Attend:
This course is recommended for anyone involved in designing, implementing, maintaining and improving an occupational health and safety management system and/or for anyone performing internal audits of an occupational health & safety management system, such as safety officers, managers and auditors. No prior knowledge of auditing, occupational health & safety management systems or ISO 18001 is required prior to attending this course.
Recommended follow-up courses:
Internal Auditor Intensive Skills Course Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course (IRCA approved)
- Introduction to occupational health & safety management; what and why?
- OHSAS 18001: backgrounds, structure, elements and goals
- Introduction to risk management and related concepts
- Risk identification and assessment
- The requirements of the OHSAS 18001, interpreting and translation into practice
- Safety pressures on business and organizational workplace risk exposures
- Setting up an internal audit program
- Auditing techniques
- Planning and preparing for an safety audit
- Conducting and reporting safety audits
- Corrective action implementation and follow-up
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Cancellation, Transfer, Substitution, and "No-Show" Policy:
- More than 30 days to the start date of the course, a registrant may:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a full refund, or
- Request to transfer to a different class at no charge.
- 15-29 days prior to the start date of the course:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a 50% refund, or
- Request a transfer to a different class and remit a $100 fee to process a transfer.
Less than 15 days prior to the start date of the course (including no-shows on the day of the course), no refunds or transfers are provided.
Substitutions (another person replacing a particular registrant in a course) are permitted at any time without additional charge.
Should DNV GL cancel a schedule course, our liability to course registrants is limited to the amount of the course fee. The registrant would then have the option of a full refund or transfer to an alternative available course (transfer fee is waived in this situation). We recommend that registrants wait until the course date is less than 30 days out before making travel arrangements.