Pressure Equipment Directive - A-Z
This course provides information on the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) 2014/68/EU as it relates to the manufacturers responsibilities and actions when required to certify pressure equipment according to PED.
This 1-day course will be conducted by the DNV GL Product Assurance Group, and will cover the pressure equipment certification process under PED from beginning though maintaining certification.
- General Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) basics.
- How to define manufacturer under PED (who is a manufacturer?)
- Manufacturer responsibility in PED
- The role of vendors, third party and contractors in PED
- The Conformity Assessment modules (routes) for certification
- How to determine PED category and find the best module (route) to follow
- How to create a Technical Construction File
- Generating a hazard analysis matrix
- How to meet the Essential Safety Requirements (ESRs)
- What to expect during an audit or an inspection
- Permanent joining and/or welding and Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) requirements
- Material requirements and traceability
- Fired or heated pressure equipment
- Declaration of Conformity
- Marking/labeling and CE marking pressure equipment
- ASME, Harmonized standards and PED connection
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who specifies, designs, manufactures pressure equipment, or who is responsible for categorization of pressurized equipment; purchasers/buyers, engineers, quality managers/representatives, project managers.
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Cancellation, Transfer, Substitution, and "No-Show" Policy:
- More than 30 days to the start date of the course, a registrant may:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a full refund, or
- Request to transfer to a different class at no charge.
- 15-29 days prior to the start date of the course:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a 50% refund, or
- Request a transfer to a different class and remit a $100 fee to process a transfer.
Less than 15 days prior to the start date of the course (including no-shows on the day of the course), no refunds or transfers are provided.
Substitutions (another person replacing a particular registrant in a course) are permitted at any time without additional charge.
Should DNV GL cancel a schedule course, our liability to course registrants is limited to the amount of the course fee. The registrant would then have the option of a full refund or transfer to an alternative available course (transfer fee is waived in this situation). We recommend that registrants wait until the course date is less than 30 days out before making travel arrangements.