Structural Design of Offshore Floaters: Day 3 - Ultimate and Buckling Strength
Value for attending
Gain theoretical knowledge and some practical experience with ultimate and buckling strength methodologies commonly used for offshore floating structural design.
This course is a combination of lectures and hands-on practice.
Lectures will cover an introduction to the following design codes:
- Unstiffened and stiffened plated structures (DNVGL-RP-C201)
- PULS (Panel Ultimate Limit State) code
- Unstiffened an stiffened shells (RP-C202)
Participants will solve design examples, assisted by course lecturers:
- Ultimate strength check of stiffened panel design using PULS and GeniE
- Ultimate strength / buckling check of circular columns based on FE analysis
The examples will cover a variety of floater types.
Key Seminar Material / Slides issued for reference
Grzegorz Malinowski, Principal Engineer, Hull and Structures, DNV GL
Piotr Szalewski, Principal Engineer - Hull and Structures, DNV GL