Course title: Best Practices in Offshore Safety Design
Day 1- Monday, October 15, 2018 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Day 2- Tuesday, October 16, 2018 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Value for attending
- Overview of safety design principles based on barrier management in Oil & Gas and related Maritime industry.
- Insight on how some safety design principles are evolved.
- Technical knowledge booster for engineers and surveyors project managers covering both design and survey in-service aspects.
- Examples and illustrations highlighting differences in codes and standards (API, NORSOK, ISO) and in regulatory requirements (MODU, SOLAS) in different offshore regimes.
- Balancing safety vs. cost optimization demand based on best practices in the industry
- The seminar is intended to be an introduction for young safety engineers and, refresher and experience exchange opportunity for project managers and the experienced engineers
- Overview of safety principles based on barrier management in the Oil and gas and related Maritime industry
- Insight on how some of the safety principles are evolved
- Technical details covering both design and field aspects
- Examples and illustrations highlighting differences in codes and standards (API, NORSOK, ISO) and in regulatory requirements (MODU, SOLAS) in different offshore regimes
- Examples of balancing safety vs. cost optimization demand based on best practices in the industry
- - Safety Principles and Safety Barriers; Fixed vs. Goal Based vs. Hybrid Regulations
- Barrier - Prevention:
- - Application of API 14C, Hydrocarbon containment, Ventilation, Ignition source control, Hazardous area classification, Inert gas / blanket system
- Barrier - Detection and Control:
- - Fire, smoke, heat and flame detection, Detection arrangement, Optimization of detector layout, ESD and Control philosophy, Blowdown and Depressurization system
- Barrier – Mitigation
- -Active and Passive fire protection (e.g. Structural fire protection, Fixed fire extinguishing system)
- Barrier - Escape, Evacuate and Rescue:
- - EER strategy, Escape routes, Temporary refuge and muster areas, Means of evacuation
- - Differences and similarities of various offshore regimes: US GOM (BSEE & USCG), Mexico GOM (ASEA & CNH), Canada (C-NLOPB), Norway (NMA), UK (HSE), Brazil (various), Australia (NOPSEMA) Case Studies and real-life examples will be included throughout the course work.
- Chang Hee Yoon, Group Lead - Safety and Systems
- Raja Roy, Principal Engineer and Project Manager, Approval Center Houston
- Rathipriya Narayanan, Process Safety and Systems Engineer
● Well recognized in the Oil & Gas Industry ● Offered to Offshore yards & Operators ● Excellent slide pack & supporting material ● Good overview of Regulatory regimes ● Detailed knowledge on Barrier Management Principles ● Emphasis on safe & cost-optimized design ● Highly interactive course ● Energetic & Enthusiastic trainers